collection of animal and beautiful sights collection of animal and beautiful sights collection of animal and beautiful sight scollection of animal and beautiful sights

Animal Bear White

What in the world is wrong with this society? I think our moral fabric is unraveling by the thread each and every day. It's bad enough to stomach this unjust war where American soldiers and Iraqis citizens are paying the price for another Vietnam agenda, this time even more misappropriated. It's crazy that our hurry-up society is so demanding that not only do we find people magnetically glued to our rear bumpers in inclement weather, and not only are we so self-absorbed in our daily routines (and I throw the spear of guilt at myself as well, for the record), but it's so much that you can't even catch a movie you want to see unless you do it within the first couple of weeks because chances are the studio's already given up on it if the investment hasn't already been made back by then. I mean, there were a couple of movies we wanted to see and finally decided to go out and see them. They're gone! The Number 23 was one of them; I mean, since when does a Jim Carrey movie suddenly vanish after a couple of weeks? I personally am happy that Ghost Rider has had some staying power and that 300 is doing well; both of these I want to see, but my wifey's not too down with those. So we ended up seeing Premonition as I mentioned. Not exactly my first choice, not a bad film at all, really, but perhaps we should've seen Wild Hogs instead...

But let's move on. I've seen two things recently that's made me think the world is now in such a cruel place that I'm questioning our ability for collective salvation. The first thing is this week's disgusting suggestion that the baby polar bear cub born a in German zoo, Knut, ought to have been euthanized because his momma rejected him and his brother. Of all things, a so-called animal rights activist vehemently fought to have the cub snuffed because he believes it's the divine order of the animal kingdom. And worse, there were plenty of supporters for this hypocrite.



Now, granted, I'm over-sensitive because polar bears and tigers are my favorite animals, but for crying out loud; if mankind thinks it's doing the animal world a service by acting as judge, jury and executioner based off of certain behavioral patterns that humans collected, not spoken for by the animals themselves, then mankind commits animal genocide. Does this clod realize that polar bears are an endangered species at-large? I salute the German zookeepers for keeping Knut alive, and despite the argument that having an animal rely on humans to take care of it, what's the difference between this and our personal pets? The zoo argues that Knut can be grow up to stud future cubs, and this is what it's all about, as far as I'm concerned; preserving life as best as we can. If the animals suddenly ruled the world and judged over mankind, how would we be looked upon?

The other thing that annoyed me was the proposed question on MSN as to whether or not Big Bird should die. I mean, goddamn it, Marvel Comics just executed Captain America (until they see fit to write him a resurrection like Superman, of course), so that's one American institution flushed down the toilet, but why Big Bird? Are we so jaded by our cybernetic, seen-it-all, give-me-now society that we have to even suggest ripping something so pure as Sesame Street?
Seriously, am I wrong here?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design By-Shotina.com